Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Richmond
Serving youth in Metro Richmond, Chesterfield, and the Tri-cities areas of Virginia.
Congratulations to Tra'Shaundra Mealy,
our 2014 Youth of the Year!
On Wednesday, February 20, Ms. Mealy was named our 2014 Youth of the Year
at our Distinguished Leadership Awards.
She truly exemplifies the strength, determination, positivity, and spirit of service
that embody all that it means to be a new statistic.
We are so proud of Tra'Shaundra and all of our Club Youths of the Year,
and truly appreciate your support of our young people.
Since 1945, Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Richmond has been in the forefront of youth development -- working with young people from disadvantaged economic, social and family circumstances. In 1957, the Club became a member of Boys Club of America and opened our first unit on North Robinson Street which still stands today as the Central Unit. In 1960, the Club opened Camp Little Hawk in Goochland County. The camp, dubbed "the miracle in the woods", was a 65 acre wooded property, donated by Richard S. Reynolds, Jr.
In October of 1992, the Club officially began to accept girls into memberships and developed a full array of programs to meet the needs of our girl members. Because of the Clubs newest members, in March of 1993, the Club officially changed its name to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Richmond, Virginia.
The Clubs has since grown to nine units throughout Richmond, Chesterfield, Petersburg and Richmond with 3,018 members who receive quality programs, caring staff and a safe place throughout the year. Our staff and volunteers are dedicated to ensuring that disadvantaged youth have greater access to quality programs and services that will enhance their lives and shape their futures.
5511 Staples Mill Road, Suite 301
Richmond, VA 23228