Meet the 2018 Youth of the Year
Get to know the eight outstanding youth leaders of 2018.
Every year, Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Richmond honors its exceptional student leaders with the Youth of the Year awards. Students from each of our five Clubs apply and are selected by Club directors to represent their Clubs.
In the weeks that follow selection, the Youth of the Year participate in a program that guides them in leadership development, including team-building activities and speech writing and presenting. The program opens young leaders up to new opportunities and creates a path toward scholarships, job readiness and a brighter future.
“The Boys & Girls Club means so much to me. It opened many doors and new opportunities. When I look at the Club, I look at my future.” — TaDreama McBride, 2018 Junior Youth of the Year, Capital One Club
Meet the eight Youth of the Year from our Clubs in the following video.
2018 Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Richmond Youth of the Year
- Debrianna Richardson, 2018 Youth of the Year, MLK Club
- Jasimine Scott, 2018 Youth of the Year, Fairfield Court Club
- Rodesha Smith, 2018 Youth of the Year, Capital One Club
- TaDreama McBride, 2018 Junior Youth of the Year, Capital One Club
- Mylahn Parsons, 2018 Youth of the Year, Southside Club
- Jordan Braxton, 2018 Junior Youth of the Year, Southside Club
- Desiree Wiggins, 2018 Youth of the Year, Petersburg Club
- Ayjyon Depeaza, 2018 Junior Youth of the Year, Petersburg Club
Rodesha Smith is moving on to the statewide Youth of the Year competition after being selected by a panel of four judges (composed of a Club alum, board member, program partner and donor) to represent Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Richmond.
We are proud of all of our student leaders across our Clubs. Learn more about how Clubs create leadership opportunities for every student who comes through our doors.